Study information

Choosing a degree course or career option can be a daunting task, but the information in the pages listed in the left-hand menu will provide some useful information to help with your decision.

Information on universities that teach chemical engineering at undergraduate level can be found in our universities page, and you can find out about others' experiences by viewing the case studies in our people section.

Some general info:

An undergraduate degree is the most direct route to becoming a professional chemical, biochemical or process engineer, and there are plenty of degree courses available at universities throughout the UK and worldwide - many of which are accredited by IChemE.

Most universities offer a choice of either Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) - usually 3 years, or Master of Engineering (MEng) - usually 4 years. Courses are generally a year longer in Scotland.

A typical chemical engineering course is divided into levels which normally correspond to each year of study. BEng programmes normally involve 3 levels (or 3 years) of study, while MEng programmes normally involve an additional year, level 4.

Use the menu of the left to find out more.