International study

Choosing to study chemical engineering at a university abroad can be an exciting and rewarding experience, but it’s important to research not only the course, university and local area, but also anything that may impact your stay in that country, for example any visa requirements.

Things to think about:

    • which visa will you need to study in your chosen country?
    • how long will it take to apply for a visa?
    • will you be able to stay in the country after graduation? And if so, for how long?
    • will you need to apply for a different type of visa in order to work in your chosen country?
    • do companies in your chosen country have restrictions on who they're able to recruit?

Visa information for students and graduates will vary by country, but here a few useful links: